Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Who we're looking for
We are currently growing our Working Capital optimisation team and are looking for experienced hires to join us (2 to 4 years' experience with a minimum of 1-2 years hands on working capital experience). Practical experience of managing improvement projects covering at least one of Payables, Receivables or Inventory processes is a must.
We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and are able to transfer their knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to help develop the wider team. Our approach typically involves working closely with clients to diagnose the key issues then develop a sustainable solution and implement it, usually under tight time constraints. A key focus on any assignment is transferring skills and knowledge to clients so that the solution is embedded and owned by them.
We work across a range of situations, including financially stressed/distressed, turnaround situations that require a rapid focus on cash and working capital efficiency or more performance improvement situations where we work on embedding change into the culture of the client as well as across its processes. Dubai is the base location, although there may be a business need to work at client sites across the ME.
About the role
We're looking for experienced Senior Consultants through to Managers to join the team in Dubai. You would be expected to focus mainly on the working capital improvement areas that match your previous experience and expertise, but could also be required to work on any of the various project types that we undertake. A typical assignment may include some or all of the following:
- Review of working capital cycles in a business, and (often rapid) diagnostic of key issues and areas for concern
- Rapidly understand key business processes and working capital requirements
- Financial analysis of opportunities for working capital reduction, within context of commercial requirements of business
- Development of practical action plans to address working capital opportunities
- Working alongside management to implement and support project plans
- Post implementation reviews and monitoring of working capital performance improvement
- Assessment of capabilities of operational and management teams within an organisation and identification of skill gaps
- Tracking and evaluation of working capital performance
- Preparation of presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. Board level/management)
- Active contribution to the teams marketing efforts (both internal and external) is expected and encouraged. This ranges from preparing marketing material through to organising marketing events or joining one of the internal channels to take our message to other parts of the firm
- Company, sector and market research and analysis using a wide variety of information sources
- An excellent academic record, educated to at least bachelor degree level
- Sound financial analysis skills
- Strong commercial awareness and business analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
- Experience of managing working capital improvement / cost reduction programmes in either public or private sector
- Experience of a range of sectors or specific expertise in a broad market sector
- Preferably previous experience in or exposure to complex stakeholder environments (with stakeholders such as Purchasing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Credit Control, etc)
- Ability to manage and motivate others, where required in the role
- Flexibility in terms of diverse industries and role
- Willingness to participate in marketing and business development, demonstrating a proactive approach to the marketplace
- Proven project and time management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised working environment
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Other languages beneficial (but not necessary)
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.