- The Senior Ranking Analyst is responsible to contributein generating reports to reflect thecurrent and projected scholarly output inresearch and best practices to improve the ranking of the university. TheSenior Ranking Analyst will support in the development and implementation of astrategy to maximize data collection and reporting as well as generatingtemplates to effective and efficient coordination with ranking agencies andrelevant Colleges and Departments.
- Support in the implementationof the operational plan for International Affairs in line with the officestrategy.
- Support in collaborating withColleges/Department in order to identify type of data required, identifypotential opportunities and best practices for collection of data and providerecommendations in order to improve data collection processes for rankingpurposes.
- Support in the development ofreports related to the progress of the implementation of data collectionprocesses and identify any potential risks or opportunities.
- Assist in the coordinationwith the Strategy & Development Office as required in order to capturerequirements, develop plans and execute the various tasks and to provide themwith all required information and reports in order to incorporate in theiroverall data collection and submission strategy.
- Support on academic reputationand employer reputation related to global rankings data collection, filteringand analysis of components
- Support in creating strategiesto uplift and improve the university ranking of the institution with short-termwins in the beginning with an eye on long-term improvement
- Provide programming and dataanalysis support to the Director, which includes optimizing the utilization ofsubscribed to databases such as Data Points, QS analytics, Incites and Scopus.
- Assist in increasing rankingdata and information use by internal audiences through visualizations and otherdelivery methods.
- Provide suggestions forimproving the organizations processing of data in order to increase rankingdata reporting and efficiency.- Perform other tasks and dutiesthat may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the roleand the aims of the University.
- Individuals will need a minimum of bachelor's degree in managementinformation systems, computer science, or a related discipline (master degreepreferred) to work as a data analyst. Relevant work experience in programmingor utilizing ranking related databases is essential.
- Candidate should have thorough and in-depth knowledge of themethodologies and indicators for global university ranking systems such as QS,Times Higher Education and ARWU; and global university rating systems such asQS Stars; and other recognition systems.
- Should be conversant with application requirements, datasubmission and management of such ranking systems such as SCOPUS, SCIVAL, THEData Points and QS Analytics.
- Minimum of two years of post-degree relevant Data Analysisexperience in a university or service sector organization.
- English is required.
- Arabic is preferable.Required Documents
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and emailaddresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degreeif graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, ifno course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrarof your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academicdegree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant toyour application.Benefits
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member anddependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligiblecandidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance withQU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant:Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply forthis position.
2. New Applicant: Youneed to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete yourpersonal profile. Once your profile is complete, you may use it to apply for anopen Position.